Friday, January 17, 2014

Summer Bible Lessons

Each summer, since Hannah was three, I have done daily Bible lessons. We haven't always been able to do one EVERY day, but we try! I have LOVED watching my kids learn and grow spiritually from these daily lessons. As they get older, I'm always afraid they will whine and moan about daily Bible lessons. But they always surprise me! They want to do daily lessons and they love doing the crafts. Over the years, I've tried to find new crafts and games, so that they won't get bored with it. Some of the really good ones we've done more than once, though!

After the first summer, I decided to get more organized and type out all of the Bible stories, scriptures, and craft ideas to keep up with the lessons. I call my summer "curriculum" Soaking Up the Son! I love to have my kids in scripture, seeing just how important it is to keep God first in our lives and in our hearts!

Each summer I alternate Old Testament and New Testament. I decide what crafts I am going to do for each lesson and buy ALL the supplies for the whole summer. If we don't end up using it, oh well. This way there are no excuses for not doing the lessons. The supplies are there, the kids are there, and God is there!!

Be sure to come back this summer--I will be posting our daily activities and scriptures!  Here are a few pictures from over the years!  (It was really fun looking at these old pictures of my babies!! Ty was not very cooperative with pictures then, either!)


 Scripture box for memory verses! 


 Jesus Calms the Storm

 Fish craft for the story of Feeding the Crowds

 Tissue paper fish for the story of the Big Catch of fish--could be used with many stories about fish or fishing!

 Jesus Knows my Name craft--Zaccheus

 Doves for Jesus' baptism

  Popsicle stick apostles

Water to Wine--Jesus' First Miracle

 Little doves made out of blocks--The baptism of Jesus

 Fishers of Men--Apostles

 Salt and Light--Sermon on the Mount--we glued salt to the salt shaker


Days of Creation sidewalk art--This felt very Mary Poppins to me!!
 Jonah in the Fish

Long hair and muscles--Samson

No comments:

Post a Comment