Monday, December 1, 2014

There's No Place Like Home for the Holidays

Christmas decorating is my absolute FAVORITE! I love having white twinkle lights all over my house! It's just so festive and cozy!



The tree is one of the first things that I decorate! It brings back such memories from my childhood and I hope that my kids are making the same lasting memories! We always make apple cider, turn on a Christmas movie, and decorate the tree. The kids enjoy hiding little ornaments and then finding them, just like my brothers and I did!



My mom bought a new nativity and gave this one to me! It's called O Little Town of Bethlehem by Department 56.

I made this Arkansas picture in Photoshop using the lyrics from Alabama's "Christmas in Dixie." Alabama Christmas is my most favorite holiday CD.




 In keeping with my Junky decorating theme, I bought a pair of old skates from Ebay. I added a little ornament and greenery to finish the look.


On my table, I used several pieces from my fall table and added a Christmas touch! I have incorporated some turquoise with the traditional red and green...and I'm loving it! To add turquoise on my table, I put snow and village trees in mason jars.





Several years ago, my mom made these oh-so-cute bags for advent. Each year, I put small gifts in each sack for the kids. Some years it's candy and little trinkets other years I've bought a Lego advent calendar and put them in each bag. This year, for Ty I bought Mini NFL helmets and I'm placing those in each bag. For Hannah, I bought several American Girl outfits, nail polish, and other fun little girl things. For Lila, I bought a magnet advent tree with ornaments. Each day she gets to put a magnet ornament on her little tree!




This village is the Department 56 Snow Village. I have been collecting since I was a teenager! The pizza parlor was actually a gift from Brett because our first "date" was a Pizza Hut!



Since the mantle is the home of the village, my stocking have to be hung on the ladder with care!


Hannah's little tree is so much fun to decorate. It is pink and purple and turquoise...nothing traditional about it! But, it's so fun in her bedroom!  Ty's tree is a small, rustic tree decorated with ducks!  Lila has a small little lime green tree with red balls and nativity ornaments. Next year I plan to start her a tree similar to Hannah's!



Each year, Brett takes us on an adventure to the farm to cut fresh pine, cedar, and red berries!






Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog and your unique style of decorating. A friend named Linda recommended your blog to me. I love how you incorporate God into your every day life with your family. Thanks for a great blog! Ellen

    ReplyDelete