Monday, January 20, 2014

See It, Pray It!

Since I've been working on my prayer life, I wanted to make sure that my kids get a good start on their prayer life too! It's so easy to get in a rut and just repeat the same thing each time you pray. Never really even thinking about what you're saying. I want my kids to have a more personal prayer life with God, to know that they can talk to him any time, any place. When they have a problem or concern, I always try to stop right then and have them pray about it. A couple of days ago, Hannah had been telling me that she wanted to start a prayer group at school. She didn't really know if anyone would want to be a part of it and was concerned that some people might laugh at her. We immediately prayed that God would give her the courage to start her prayer group and to be with those who might laugh. Then we talked about how God just wants us to try to spread His word, that it's not up to us to make people follow Him. The next day she started her group, with 4 friends.  Hopefully, it will continue to grow!

I also wanted to help my kids know what to pray for on a daily basis so I created See It, Pray It sheets. I laminated them and keep them by their beds.



No comments:

Post a Comment