Friday, January 31, 2014

Cute, Non-Mushy Valentines

I hate the $2.00 boxes of Valentine's Day cards that begin lining the shelves the day after Christmas, it seems! They all have messages like Be mine, I love you, you are the wind beneath my wings. Yuck! Preschool and elementary kids do not love each other in the romantic sense and they certainly are not wind beneath anyone's wings! So, in my quest to find cute, non-mushy valentines, these are just a few that I've created for my kids! There are others on the web and Pinterest that I hope to use in the future..with a few little personal tweaks, of course!!

You're Sweet! (And, of course, I always have to put a Scripture reference)


I ordered double cherry suckers from Wright's Candy Shop.  I placed a sucker in a small, clear treat bag.  I cut of about 3/4 of the top of the bag to make it smaller. Then, I created a leaf shaped tag in Photoshop (but you could use Microsoft Word too!) and printed them on green cardstock. I cut the tags out and stapled to the bags. So easy!

Below is a picture of the tags. You can click on the picture, right click, choose save picture as. Then, go to your files, open the picture, and print. Print on green cardstock and have your daughter sign it!



Have a Ball! The Scripture reference was hand written on the back of his tag!


For these valentines, I ordered little bouncy balls from Oriental Trading. Again, I placed the balls in clear treat bags that were cut shorter, created tags in Photoshop, and then stapled the tags to the top of the bag!

Below is a picture of the tags. You can click on the picture, right click, choose save picture as. Then, go to your files, open the picture, and print. Print on cardstock and have your child sign it!


Happy Heart Day! Hannah really wanted to give bubbles on her Valentine's cards. However, I didn't like any of the cutesy little sayings that I kept finding. "Blowing you kisses" "You blow me away" No, these were not the non-mushy I was looking for! So, I just kept it simple! I found these precious Wedding Bubble Wands from Amazon.com. I created little Happy Heart Day tags and tied them on with twine!
Again, Scripture reference hand written on back. "Dear friends, let us love one another for love comes from God. He who loves is born of God and knows God." ! John 4:7





I Am Nacho Valentine! When I saw this idea, I thought "I have to do this!" What kids wouldn't want to get a bag of Nacho Cheese Doritos? The original idea said "For NACHO average valentine." I changed it to be even less mushy, and I think it is perfect for Ty!



Ty's Valentine box for his school party!!


2015 Valentines!



Message in a Bottle
For Hannah's I found these cute little bottles and printed valentine jokes on small pieces of paper. I rolled the jokes up and stuck them in the bottle. I then used washi tape to tape them to little name tags.



Football Valentines
I did not make Ty's Valentines this year. I found these cool football valentines that actually make into a game! 

No comments:

Post a Comment