Thursday, December 4, 2014

Countdown to Christmas Advent Lessons


As the kids get older, I'm sad to say that we are getting extremely busy. With ball practices and violin lessons and other activities, we find ourselves away from home a lot.  (Discussing the busyness is for another post, though!) I made an advent schedule and we try to stick to it, but it just doesn't always happen! That's ok! When we are home and are able to read our scripture and make crafts, we have a ton of fun. If we miss a craft, I just pick the cutest ones for us to make up. But, we always read all of the Scriptures that we have missed! That's the most important part anyway! Also, the kids and I are working on memorizing Luke 2:1-19!! I'm so excited about this memory work! The kids are doing a great job! They have already memorized verses 1-5.

We had our North Pole Breakfast, even though it ended up being breakfast for supper!! I put all the details in my Elf post! We also made countdown chains after Bernard left the supplies for us!  Last night, we made up several scripture readings and a couple of the crafts. The kids signed cards to mail to Holiday Mail for Heroes and they made these fingerprint manger scenes! We plan on stopping by Grandmother and Granddaddy's house to give them to them!


We had Ugly Christmas sweater day at school, so Hannah and I made these cute ugly sweaters!! We were Christmas trees!


No comments:

Post a Comment