Monday, February 10, 2014

Making Old Things New

I am absolutely in love with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint and Wax! I have gone on a painting spree in my house, making all of my old worn out furniture look new and fresh! Annie Sloan paint is so great because it is extremely low odor, so you can paint right inside your house. It also requires no sanding! You just paint the furniture with one or two coats, then wipe on clear wax with a cloth. If you want a more antiqued look, you then take a cloth and wipe on the dark wax in the areas you want to look worn and weathered. It also goes a LONG way! I painted all 6 dining room chairs, two coats, with one can of paint! I'll be able to do multiple projects with my other cans.

My first project was this small, old hutch that we've had since we got married. Although, I liked it the way it was, it had some scratches and paint splotches that needed to be covered. For this project, I used Annie Sloan Emperor's Silk, which is a red paint. Then, I waxed it with clear and then a light coat of dark wax.





 That project was so easy, I decided to take on a little bit larger, more detailed task! I had seen in a magazine a kitchen table with mustard chairs. I loved it!! So, for my next project I used Annie Sloan Arles with clear wax and a little more dark wax than used on the hutch. I think they turned out great!!






By the last chair, I was literally scraping the sides of the can!! But, I made it work!!


 Next, I went even bolder with color and painted our coffee table using Annie Sloan Florence.  I waxed it with clear and dark wax also! This is probably my favorite piece yet! I think I might paint my new front door this color!!





I bought these two chairs online and thought they were red. When I picked them up, they were PINK! Although cute, they did not match any of my decor! So, I took some of my left over Emperor's Silk and repainted these chairs red! Even though it was just a small change they look so much better!



 These will definitely not be my last projects with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint!!


No comments:

Post a Comment