Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Thankful November-Days 1-3

Our first three days of Thankful November are off to a great start! I love to take a little time each day from our hectic schedules and read Scripture with my children. I want them to know how important God is in our lives and that we should always make time for Him.

Day 1: Thankful pumpkin--I bought a small pumpkin and a black sharpie marker. Each day of November I am going to have the kids write something for which they are thankful. Last year we did a leaf garland which was very cute! Each day they wrote something they were thankful for on a leaf and attached it to a ribbon that was hung across the window.

Psalm 136:26 "Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good, His love endures forever."
Psalm 7:17 "I will give thanks to the Lord because of His righteousness; I will sing the praises of the name of the Lord Most High."

Day 2: Care packages to the Battered Women's Shelter. In our Sunday night class, the girls made earrings that we are going to donate to the BWS. 

Hebrews 12:28-29 "Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe, for our "God is a consuming fire."

Day 3: Football Turkeys--I had originally planned to have the kids make pilgrims and indians out of paper plates, but when this craft came across Pinterest, I HAD to add it!

Psalm 28:7 "The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, adn he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise Him."


Hannah's is perfect and cute like the picture on Pinterest and Ty's, of course, had to be Saints!




No comments:

Post a Comment