Thursday, September 18, 2014

Thanksgiving Scripture Countdown

During the month of November, we read a Scripture and do a craft or service project every night. It is so important for us to remember the true meaning of the holiday season. For Thanksgiving, the focus should be on thanking God for all of our blessings. By reading Scripture about thankfulness and doing service projects, we are able to focus on God.

I made a day-by-day list of activities and scripture in order to keep me organized. The more organized I am, the more likely I am to follow through with my plans! I also make a supply list and buy EVERYTHING that I need for crafts and service projects before we ever start. All of the crafts I have chosen are on my Pinterest board, Thanksgiving crafts. I take no credit for thinking up all these cute ideas!!! Each year, I find new ideas to replace old ones. I like to keep some of our favorites to do every year, though!


This is a picture of a paper plate pilgrim and Indian. In the background, you see our Thankful Leaf Banner. Each day the kids wrote down something they were thankful for on a leaf and we clothes pinned them to a ribbon.  It turned out really cute and made them think about all of the blessings God has given us!


Hannah is posing next to an array of crafts!  It's hard to see, but in the background are our leaf turkeys made out of real leaves! Right next to her are her paper plate pilgrims and Indians!



Last year, we added in reading from Rush Limbaugh's book, "Rush Revere and the Brave Pilgrims," because I believe it is so important to teach our children the true story of the pilgrims and all of US History.  I want my kids to know that our country was founded on God and His principles.


No comments:

Post a Comment