Monday, September 22, 2014

Happy Fall, Y'all!

Happy first day of fall!! I LOVE fall and all of the fun it holds. Football, pumpkin patches, hiking, and bonfires are just a few of my favorite fall things. I always hate to see summer go, but I am thankful that it is followed by the most beautiful season of all. Each year I have my classes make a fall bucket list. Below is a picture of mine! 


Decorating my house is one of my most favorite things to do, though! I love for my house to reflect the current holiday or season. Pumpkins, mums, witches, and ghosts! Fall and Halloween decorations are so much fun! Orange and black, brown and lime green. Fall colors are my favorite!

Before any decorating can take place, we have to take a trip to the pumpkin patch!!





The kids helped me get the pumpkins out of the car. When they asked where to put them I said "Oh just line them up under that window." They surely took that instruction to heart! I wish they minded that perfectly always!!


I made this Trick or Treat burlap door hanger last year! 


I just add fall decorations to the existing decor in my house. On the mantle I added pumpkins, strands of orange berries, and a little ghost!



 My table is decorated for fall in general, not specifically Halloween. That way I can continue to use this tablescape through Thanksgiving. All of my jars are filled with rice from Brett's farm!














We have several fall activities that we enjoy as a family. Pumpkin carving is one of my favorites! My brothers and I bring our families to my parents house and we carve pumpkins together. This is a tradition my parents started when I was a baby! We love to get together, eat Dad's chili, and carve pumpkins with Sheetrock knives (they are by far the best pumpkin carving knife around!) We also enjoy attending Trunk-R-Treat at our church. Other fall favorites include a hiking trip to Petit Jean, visiting the Ozark Folk Center in Mt. View, going to the pumpkin patch, and listening to a Hogs game on the party barge at the lake!









This may seem a little hokey, but we also enjoy singing several little Halloween songs we've learned through the years! We usually sing them in the car! Five little pumpkins is our favorite song. That's why I bought this tea towel!






Fall decorating is not complete without Razorback football!!













Outside decorating is really my favorite of all! I love pumpkins and mums! They make a porch look so comfy and cozy! My kids will get sick of taking pictures next to these props!












No comments:

Post a Comment